The ITW Dance Studio is arranging a coach and chaperones to take any interested Dancers to Limerick University for the IRISH WORLD ACADEMY OPEN DAY on SATURDAY OCTOBER 19th. This fantastic day will give our students 14yrs+ the opportunity to sample what is available to them at the Full Time BA Courses in Contemporary Dance, Voice. Irish Dance, Irish Music and World Music.
We are very thrilled to announce that our 2019 Open Day will be happening on Saturday 19th October here at the Irish World Academy. This year, in order to give potential students (ages 14 plus) an experience of some elements of our dance programme, we have an exciting day of activities running from 10:00 -16:30. As I’m sure you are aware, dance artists in the 21st century need to develop a range of skills as part of their dance training. These skills such as Contemporary Dance Techniques, Choreographic thinking, Ballet, movement awareness techniques such as Yoga, Pilates and Feldenkrais all play a part in the creative and physical development of the student. The activities during this Open Day will let students experience some of the different elements of the training they would receive over the four year BA in Contemporary Dance degree and to gain new insights into the multi-faceted world of dance and the performing arts. This undergraduate dance programme also supports students to engage with, not only physical performance skills but also the contextual understanding and the critical, analytical and reflective skills which will inform a well-rounded artistic dance practice. Information will also be given about these subjects during the day.
The day is comprised of:
· Contemporary Dance technique class
· Choreographic movement exploration & Creative play: Working with movement material explored in the class, students are taken through a range of choreographic tasks to explore and enhance their creative potential.
· Lunch time performance and talk
· Voice and acting for dancers: Productions nowadays can ask dancers to use their voice and deliver text within a performance. This workshop will allow students to explore voice and vocal characterisation.
· Dance for Camera: This hands-on workshop will allow participants to engage with real time-editing of dance footage and understanding audience/camera view.
· Aerial Dance: This will give the students an opportunity to explore what is involved in aerial performance and experience aerial apparatus such as Cocoon on the day.
We will leave ITW early in the morning by Coach returning after the event that evening. Pick up in ITW Clonskeagh (and Drumcondra too subject to demand) The cost for coach and chaperone will be approx €20 per person. If you would like to book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your NAME, AGE and CONTACT DETAILS as soon as possible to secure your place on the bus!.