ITW Terms and Conditions
1. Enrolment is for the 30-week academic year with payments divided into three installments of 10 weeks. If your child does not wish to complete the year you must inform the office in writing giving 1/2 a term’s notice. Otherwise you will be liable for the next term’s fees in full. *New students see clause 6
2. The uniform is compulsory up to senior level and must be worn to class each week, to auditions and to and from set/theatre when working. Uniforms are available from the school on the 1st and 2nd week of each term. The Ballet uniform is available from Dance World, Ranelagh and Dance Dimensions, Drumcondra. Senior and Young Adults are encouraged to wear the ITW hoodie and T-shirt and appropriate clothing for dance and drama. Dance students must attend in dancewear.
3. Parents will be notified of important information, fees due, outings, class recitals and exams, term dates and holiday courses via our regular newsletters and notes distributed by e-mail to the parent's email address and alternative email address supplied on the booking form. These will also be pinned on the noticeboards at the school. It is the parents responsibility to read these notifications and keep abreast of important dates and deadlines. Please do not hesitate to contact the school if you feel you may have missed some of the information. Email is our primary means of communicating with you and all current students must have a valid email address of a parent or guardian on file. By registering you are agreeing to receive communication via email and telephone.
4. Fees may be paid by cash, by cheque made out to ITW, or preferably by debit card over the phone. We do accept credit cards but these incur a charge of 3%. Fees MUST be paid in full ON OR BEFORE the first day of a new term- late fees will incur an administration fee of €10. Please ensure fees are clearly marked with your child’s name and class. Deposits are non-refundable but will be credited against your first term’s fees. Term dates can be found on the calendar page of the ITW website www.itwstudios.ie
5. In order to help us provide the best attention for your child please ensure that you let us know of any medical or special needs your child might have. There is a space provided on the booking form for this.
6. NEW STUDENTS ONLY: When booking your place in an ITW Class for the first time you should fill in the on line booking form and pay the deposit of €100 (€50 for tots). You will pay the balance of the terms fees on or before the first week of class. Your initial commitment is for 3 weeks only. We feel that it takes 3 weeks to really settle in and get a proper feel for our classes. If after 3 weeks of term you give notice in writing that you do not want to continue we will refund you the fees for the remaining weeks of term in full. Your place is only confirmed on payment of terms fees in full. If fees are unpaid after week two- no commitment is deemed to have been made and the place can be given to another student.
7. All students have the opportunity to be represented by ITW Management. Those who sign up for ITW Management may get the opportunity to audition for appear in Film, Television and Theatre productions. There is no charge to be a part of ITW Management. If an actor does get cast in a production ITW Management will deal with all contracts, invoicing and arrangements on the Actors behalf. For this we charge 20% Management Fee on each contract. If you wish your child to be represented by ITW Management you should click the ITW Management button on the booking form we will send you on an ITW Management application form.
Consent for photographs/video use
In the course of the activities provided by ITW photographs and video may be taken by the course teachers and in the case of class performances by other parents, which may include footage of your child. These may be used on our website or in our brochures from time to time. Please ensure you let the school know in writing if you do not consent to the use of images as described above. There is a space provided on the online booking form for this.
From time to time casting directors or film-makers attend our classes in their search for a child for a particular role. If you would prefer your child not to be included on these occasions please let us know.
Please note that by enrolling your child for ITW you are agreeing to, and bound by, our terms and conditions as laid out in this document.
Introduction to our Privacy and Data Protection Policy
At The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd we are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and keeping your details secure. This means that we’ll protect the personal information of all visitors who access our websites or services through any of our stores or outlets.
Please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how we may use your Data.
Acceptance of this Privacy and Data Protection Policy
ITW respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you without your clear permission.
About The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd
The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable Data Protection and privacy laws. The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd is the “Data Controller” of all Data that is collected on our website, instore or outlets. The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd is registered in Ireland with registration number 466232 and registered offices at The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd 8 Terminus Mills Clonskeagh Dublin 6 Ireland.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
Personal Data means any information relating to you. Your personal data is used to identify you or can be used to contact you. This personal data may include:
Information about your use of service
Communication with or direct to us via, emails, phone, webchat and social media
This section outlines your rights as a Data Subject of The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd. However, your rights may be restricted under the following circumstances
Where it’s necessary for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of criminal offences
Where it’s necessary for the exercise or defence of a legal claim or proceedings.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
About whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding or using it.
To your Data ("Data Subject Access Request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information (“Data”) we hold about you and to confirm that we are processing it legitimately.
Of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any inaccurate or incomplete Data we hold about you corrected.
Of your Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Data where there is no reasonable explanation for us to continue to hold it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
Object to Profiling
That is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you
Request the Restriction of Processing
Of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Data about you.
Request a Transfer
Of your Data in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “Data Portability”).
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your Data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you to withdraw your consent, we will stop processing your information for the purpose you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Requests for this information may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to the Data Protection Officer,
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not
This right only applies to your own Data. When exercising this right, please be as specific as possible.
We will retain data for a period of two (2) years where an account is inactive. After this period all Data will be removed from our databases and servers. Transactional information will be held for a period of six (6) years.
We endeavour to use appropriate technical and physical security measures to protect your Data. Any Data that you volunteer to The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd if retained, will be held on secure storage device and will only be used to manage your account and to better our service offering.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your Data, and to protect it against accidental loss or damage. The data you provide to us is stored in a personal server which is located inside our premises and its hard drive is encrypted using LVM encryption. To access the data stored each staff member has a pair of username and password. The server is encrypted and the system can only be loged with a pair of username and password.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional securities as new technologies become available.
In the event that there is an interception or unauthorized access to your Data, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information. But we will inform you giving full advice and support regarding to what steps needs being taken to mitigate the damage. Also the relevant authorities will be notified of any data breach.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Data
Like most websites, we gather statistical and analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This non-personal data comprises of information that cannot be used to identify or contact you.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Disclosure of your Data
We consider your Data to be private and confidential. Your Data may be shared within The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd for any of the purposes set out in this policy. We may disclose your Data to trusted third parties to complete and/or validate a parking transaction. We require all third parties to have appropriate technical and operational security measures in place to protect your Data, in line with Irish and EU Data Protection Laws.
If you would like to make a complaint about how your Data is being processed by The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint by email to email@example.com or in writing directly to;
Data Protection Officer The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd 8 Terminus Mills Clonskeagh Dublin 6 Ireland
You also have a right to complain to the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner at Canal House, Station Road, Port Arlington, Co Laois or by telephone at 1890 25 22 31 and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the Data Controller and Data Protection Officer
For the purposes of the Data Protection legislation The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd is the Data Controller of the Site.
The Independent Theatre Workshop Ltd
8 Terminus Mills
Dublin 6 Ireland